Does everything look ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukerhiel

96473-5356653021.jpg
96473-9157798523.jpg

Hey I just wanted to make sure everything looks fine with my new baby, he hasnt been eating as much as he was the first few weeks I had him and some of his poops looked a little watery compared to others. All the temps are good and there is propper UV lighting, He also didnt poop when I gave him/ her their first bath. Thanks!

Xazzak

Hatchling Member
Hes a cute little fella. Like us, not all beardies are created equally. Mine for an example has only ever popped once in the bath, and she's 2 1/2 years old. She also doesn't poop daily, but she certainly popped fairly regularly as a youngling, because she ate so much. Young dragons are usually voracious eaters. My Smaug was eating around 30-100 appropriate sized crickets for her size, a day.

For some starter questions:
What are your temps (basking and cool)?
How are you measuring your temps?
What is his daily diet usually consist of?
How often are you handling him?
What kind and size enclosure are you using?
What kind of UVB bulb and what size?

Lukerhiel

Original Poster
29 gallon enclosure with a 18" reptisun bulb, the basking spot is 102F and the cool side is usualy somewhere between 80F and 88F. I use a temp gun that I use at work (im a cook) that I know is accurate. I feed him small crickets and offer collard greens and diced carrots which he dosent seem to eat much of yet. I try to handle him at least twice a day and he seems more comfortable each day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom