Happy healthy Petey 4months

Status
Not open for further replies.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He is adorable :D I see you have a red light. If you're using it for a basking light, you need to replace it with a bright white basking light. Those red bulbs make your beardie disoriented. If you are using it at night those disturb their sleep. Basically they are junk.

PodunkKhaleesi

Hatchling Member
I agree that ditching the red light will make him a much happier/stress-free beardie (the red light can interfere with their sleep and a neon red light is very unnatural for these animals). For UV lighting make sure you have a Reptisun T5 or Arcadia tube light and that his basking light temperatures are taken with a digital thermometer for accuracy. He’s very cute and has a very personable face.

Balucared

Original Poster
destiny1998":2vjitmjw said:
Hi. He is adorable :D I see you have a red light. If you're using it for a basking light, you need to replace it with a bright white basking light. Those red bulbs make your beardie disoriented. If you are using it at night those disturb their sleep. Basically they are junk.
oh I did not know red lights were not okay as a second basking light. I just changed it to a 100w white light. Thanks for the info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom