Fires are coming closer

Status
Not open for further replies.

OviDear

So I live in San Diego and I'm worrying a lot about the fires that are going on right now... I'm currently all packed and ready to go (almost) but I need to know what I can and can't pack. We have 3 cars (prius a small hondai and a mini van) for 5 people and 11 animals. (4 dogs, 4 cats, a tarantula, a hedgehog, and of course my beardie trex) I can't take his 75 gallon (trust me, I tried to ask multiple times) and the only other tanks we have are a 2 gallon and a 10 gallon... I'm wondering if it's ok to keep him in that 10 gallon tank for periods at a time. I'm definitely going to take his lights (I'd go insane if I lost them in the fire!!) and his small patch of astroturf, and his flowers (he loves to sleep on them) I have plenty of room in my suitcase if I need to bring anything else. Help?

OviDear

Original Poster
sorry that I'm bumping this... I'm just really worried about the safety of my family and animals.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope you all remain safe! You may not need a big heavy tank as a temporary housing. You can use a large plastic bin (which can be used to carry other stuff) and hang lighting above it. In southern CA you can use natural sunlight to substitute the lamps if need be too. For travel I have a collapsable childs playpen that works really well because it's compact when folded but opens up into a really nice size.

I'm not sure about the bloating. Is he about to shed? They puff out a lot to help loosen skin for a shed sometimes.

OviDear

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1rzryvbu said:
I hope you all remain safe! You may not need a big heavy tank as a temporary housing. You can use a large plastic bin (which can be used to carry other stuff) and hang lighting above it. In southern CA you can use natural sunlight to substitute the lamps if need be too. For travel I have a collapsable childs playpen that works really well because it's compact when folded but opens up into a really nice size.

I'm not sure about the bloating. Is he about to shed? They puff out a lot to help loosen skin for a shed sometimes.

The tub sounds like a really good idea!, and I have a collapsable mesh dog playpin. He's had a body full of dead skin on him for 2 and half weeks now, but yesterday he was (excuse me haha) "farting" A LOT! Do beadie's usually fart for more than 15 seconds? I'm probably counting it wrong but it was definitely more than 10 seconds!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I haven't seen that but I'd imagine it could happen. They fart when they poop from time to time. Excessive gas buildup could be a dietary issue or a digestion problem that I would look into if it continues for more than a few days though.

OviDear

Original Poster
CooperDragon":3n0sqbby said:
I haven't seen that but I'd imagine it could happen. They fart when they poop from time to time. Excessive gas buildup could be a dietary issue or a digestion problem that I would look into if it continues for more than a few days though.
He's done it more than once, and yesterday he pooped twice then he "pooped" a third time but it was literally all water... He barely drinks his water and I'm starting to get worried...

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would offer some water by dripping on his nose so he can replenish what he's losing if he wants. If the watery poops keep up, it would be a good idea to bring a sample to the vet (ideally have a fresh sample provided at the vet so you can look for flagellates as well). If there is a parasitic infection it can be treated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom