Going out of town, cant take bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewel

So I'm kind of new to the whole bearded dragon thing, and things on this site have helped tremendously! However, I'm leaving town for a few days and have no one to take care of my beardie. I cannot take her with me because I'll be flying on an airplane. I don't want to have someone take her in her travel case to their house and keep her there because I'm afraid it might stress her out. Is there some type of food I could leave out for her to eat over the few days I am absent or any other way to find care for her?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Depending on the dragons age a few days wont hurt and you could leave some canned types of food in a bowl. If you had calciworms you could put those in a bowl as well and she could eat that when she gets hungry. However you'll have to have someone go over and turn the lights off and on unless you have a timer for that. And if you dont have a timer then it would be good for whichever person you decide to have go over there and turn off and on the lights could refill her bowl of food until you get back.

However i wouldnt do this often, only when you have to as having commercial diets all the time isnt the best thing though having calciworms 24/7 is since they are one of the best staple feeders out there.

lewel

Original Poster
I do have a timer for her lighting as well, my neighbor may be coming over to check on her and my cats periodically. Thanks for the advice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom