How 'active' is your Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
I visited the pet-shop today where I originally obtained Iggy two months ago, and other than hearing them taunt the dogs and birds for making loud noises as I left *anger*, I left kind of disappointed at first. I noticed that many of the other Bearded Dragons were MUCH MORE active and energetic than Iggy in general, having so much curiosity about them to anything that passed within view. Then I realized I originally chose Iggy because of his demeanor, he's slow and very calm for just the individual who's not very energetic himself (I'm actually badly arthritic for those that don't know). Plus Iggy is curious, very much so, you just have to give him time :) And wow does he love his snuggles, becoming very still as his breathing and even heartbeat slows, even sometimes closing his eyes too. You can see below that he even fell asleep against me once ^ ^

95175-9308141814.jpg

So my question to those of you out there is, just how energetic is your Dragon? Does he/she run around madly or are they more laid back like Iggy?

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
Two of my beardies are more laid back and just want to laze around most of the time in their tank. However if you take saturn out he'll run around and look at everything. Then if you take neptune out she'll sit on you and just be lazy and maybe occasionally run around but not much. And then my third beardie venus is pretty lazy in her tank, she does go back and forth from the cool end to the warm end and sleeps some days inside her hide but as soon as you get her out she could care less about you unless your computer is warm or its night time and she wants to sleep. Majority of the time she runs around more than saturn and trys to escape the safe room which is my bedroom to explore the living room.

apndi

Mine is typically very active in the mornings, doing lots of laps around the tank, glass surfing, and generally just exploring. Then past maybe like 12 or 1 in the afternoon, he slows down and sits in his hammock for basically the rest of the day and night until the next morning. If I take him out and put him on the floor for some exploring, he’ll walk/run around for maybe 10 minutes before he ends up just sitting in one spot and one position staring at me until I put him back. Overall, he’s a very lazy lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom