Male and female out of tank time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moose2801

Separated my beardies about two months ago. One female and one male both going to be 5 months. When I first separated them they both went through stress for about two weeks but are now back to their usual selves and I'm now wondering, is it ok for them to spend time together outside of their tank? Or is it going to cause them stress just seeing each other? I want them to spend some time out their tanks and just lounge around the house, one on my shoulder and the other on my bf's shoulder...is that ok? Is there a certain distance they have to be?

I just don't want them to get stressed again. :(

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it's not really a good idea because they would be focusing only on the other dragon in the room with instincts of fighting or mating, even the smaller males may get the urge. Either way, probably not a good idea. Some dragons are more relaxed than others when seeing each other but it still might cause a lot of stress + preoccupation with how to get at the other dragon.

And just an FYI, never walk around with dragon on your shoulder, many right here on this forum have jumped unexpectedly + been injured.

Do you have pics of your 2 ? Here's how to post them :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry, I wouldn't let them out together. In fact, it's usually best if they don't know eachother exists. And like AHBD said, letting beardies ride on your shoulder (though I know it's quite popular to do so) can be extremely dangerous.

moose2801

Original Poster
Thank you both again!
Here are some pics of Vincent and Mia :D

This is Vincent, he's the male.
full

full

This is Mia, don't mind her she loves her prickly pear!
full

full

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Together == bad idea , requires very tight supervision to avoid unwanted mating and the possibility of an attack.
Believe me a determined male dragon can move at warp 10 !!! to get to the sexy girl dragon.

Separately == is fine , even if the dragons can see each other - but not actually touch - is one of pleasures of having two or more dragons one of which is a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom