Cleaning Logs and rocks from pinworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funmom

My beardie was just diagnosed with pinworms and another parasite that is normally in their stomach but his is to high of a count so the vet put him on meds to kill both. My question is she said throw his logs or all wood out but can I bake them in the oven and save them?
2nd question: how do I clean my new rocks and most are large so the oven would be a hassel. Also once glued together they won't come out of the enclosure so need another solution for those. They have NOT been exposed to the beardie yet so they are free of parasites, just bought from store but were stored outside. They are like the porous rocks that you can put on your house.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes the wood you can just rinse and bake in the oven on low (~250) for about 30 min and it will take care of it.

Don't bake the rocks though. You'll want to sanitize those using a bleach solution or even better (safer) I suggest picking up a bottle of F10SC and diluting that in a spray bottle with water at around 1:250 or so. Clean the rocks, spray with F10, wait 10 min or until they're dry and they're all set.

https://beanfarm.com/products/f10sc-veterinary-disinfectant-100-ml-3-4-oz?variant=24905406857

funmom

Original Poster
CooperDragon":2p1k06bo said:
Yes the wood you can just rinse and bake in the oven on low (~250) for about 30 min and it will take care of it.

Don't bake the rocks though. You'll want to sanitize those using a bleach solution or even better (safer) I suggest picking up a bottle of F10SC and diluting that in a spray bottle with water at around 1:250 or so. Clean the rocks, spray with F10, wait 10 min or until they're dry and they're all set.

https://beanfarm.com/products/f10sc-veterinary-disinfectant-100-ml-3-4-oz?variant=24905406857

Thank you. I am going to order that F10. I read about it. I baked the logs, now onto the other items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom