Vet transport suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
(PLEASE MOVE THIS IS THIS POST SHOULD BE IN ANOTHER FORUM, WASN'T SURE WHERE TO POST).

Hello everyone!

Gretchen has her first vet appointment tomorrow morning and i was hoping on some suggestions on the best ways to transport her. I live in Montreal Quebec Canada so its pretty cold here. She will be going by car and it's really only like a 10 minutes drive MAX and that includes finding parking so it's really not far at all. I was thinking of heating up a magic bag and putting that at the bottom on my small cat carrier and wrapping her in a blanket. Thing is, she HATES being wrapped in blankets lol she squirms her way out of them all the time at home unless shes laying on me and i drape it over her ever so gently while shes falling asleep lol.

how have you guys transported your babies to the vet!!!

Thanks,
Krista & Gretchen
93727-6998940948.jpg
93727-4781563045.jpg

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
I usually use a shoe box and put tons of paper towels in there and shut the top until the vet sees her/him. Just keep the car warm on the way there.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VenusAndSaturn":2y6hirw0 said:
I usually use a shoe box and put tons of paper towels in there and shut the top until the vet sees her/him. Just keep the car warm on the way there.

Well that seems pretty simple lol thanks for the tip ill see what kind of boxes i have laying around the house!!

SDragons

Juvie Member
What a cutie.

We are in ontario. For trips I put his leash on and unzip my coat and put him on me with a blanket over him. He stays toasty warm. Do not put him under the seatbelt.

Hope the appointment goes well

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SDragons":x6z3o0bm said:
What a cutie.

We are in ontario. For trips I put his leash on and unzip my coat and put him on me with a blanket over him. He stays toasty warm. Do not put him under the seatbelt.

Hope the appointment goes well

Ah darnit i dont have a leash yet but that does seem like a great idea. Ill know for next time.
Just found a pretty large shoe box that i poked some holes on top for air. and ill just warm up the magic bag and wrap her up as much as shell let me and put her in that for the trip!!
Thanks for the tips :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom