Bearded dragon age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a male bearded dragon and I got him on August 13 at the Pomona reptile super show and he was about 7 inches at that time. It's November 12 now and he is about 11 1/2 inches from head to tail. At the super show we forgot to ask how old he was and I was thinking if there is a way to tell the age by length or by the growing rate of the beardie? Thanks!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He probably hatched in June if he was 7" in August. That's an estimate, he may have been 1-2 months old. So now he'd be about 5 months. A bit on the small side, but not incredibly and plenty of time to catch up + grow to be a big fella. :) Can you post pics of him + his set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to load them
And what type of lights do you use ? How much does he eat daily ?

Ilovereptiles777

Original Poster
AHBD":1ne475wn said:
He probably hatched in June if he was 7" in August. That's an estimate, he may have been 1-2 months old. So now he'd be about 5 months. A bit on the small side, but not incredibly and plenty of time to catch up + grow to be a gig fella. :) Can you post pics of him + his set up ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to load them
And what type of lights do you use ? How much does he eat daily ?
I'll post pictures of his setup but I'm not home right now and I have him in a 110 Quart tub right now until I get him a 40 gallon breeder and 110 quarts is 27.5 gallons so I think it's big enough for now. I use just a normal light for heat and it gets at about 103- 106 degrees and for uvb I have a reptisun 10.0 compact light abou 7 inches from his basking spot and I'm going to use that until I get a reptisun t5 ho 10.0 24" for him.( I used to have one for him but it fell and broke). He eats about 25 - 30 medium crickets and when I feed him large crickets he eats about 15 daily.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds good. I used to raise all my babies in the large plastic totes, they work fine for beardies when they're young.

Ilovereptiles777

Original Poster
I'm home now and I took some pictures but I'm not sure how to post them. When I press the picture it takes me to manage image and it shows some writing and it shows ximg but I don't know what to press after that.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Rats, I'm not good at helping with this....I know how to get my own pics on here but not explaining it to someone else. You'll figure it out , or someone will come along to help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom