Is glue from a glue gun toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a glue gun and a bunch of popsicle sticks I just wanted to know if I could make structures out of them. I know that popsicle sticks aren't the sturdiest of things but really I'm just asking about the glue. I want to make sure it is okay in case my beardie decides to Nom on it. I don't know about the toxicity levels and the glue for bearded dragons. Also note that she is a juvenile so she might not be as Hardy as an adult. Again just for the record I'm asking if it's okay toxicity wise. Thanks to anybody that helps me with this.

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
kingofnobbys":ux3zte1v said:
Actually if it is water soluble , even when set it remains toxic.

Really? That's the first I've heard of it. Then again, I didn't know that hot glue could be water soluble. But to be honest I'm not terribly crafty haha...

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have never heard of "water soluble" hot glue gun sticks. It is a plastic stick heated to a liquid and cooled once applied, non-toxic!

Stres

Hatchling Member
Aquarium sealant is often used to stick things together just make sure it has a week or so to set and air off properly.

Although I'm not sure how safe it may be if the glued item is kept near the basking light, it may give off gasses if heated.

I am no expert by any means but my dad is very knowledgable about these kind of things. He says that once the glue is dried, it will not be toxic. I would research into it on other sites as well, even looking at the brands website. It may be under FAQ or you could send them an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom