Bearded dragon stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadazcardfan

Î recently purchased a bearded dragon from petsmart. Î have had him for two weeks. When î bought him î had a 40 gallon breeder waiting for him as well as a 100W mercuryvapor bulb and a small 15W LED strip to keep his tank lit up. The first week he was totally fine and happy , until later this week Î noticed he has stress marks on his beard and belly. They are pretty dark ones too. They rarely go away and he seems less active when the stress marks are there. Î wondered if it were to be his relflection or dehydration or just simply stress. He has been strongly hydrated. So my last conclusion was the reflection of himself on the tank. His warm side is around 90-105 and his cool side is about 80-85. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

- C. Harrell

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
It might be helpful to bump the basking temps up to 110-115. Also, while mercury vapor bulbs are good (I'm assuming you're using the Zoo Med PowerSun?), their area of UVB output is very localized, which means your beardie won't be getting UVB if s/he moves out of the basking spot. Fluorescent tube-type UVBs like the Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 T5 bulb provide more consistent UVB.

Aside from those things, you probably have nothing to worry about. It's very common for young bearded dragons to display stress marks for no discernible reason. S/he should probably grow out of it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom