What toys do you have/use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
First of all, I apologize if there is a topic on this already but there doesn't seem to be.

So what toys do you plus your Beardies have and use? My Iggy seems to be a little daredevil in the making, jumping from gentle heights onto things like clothes and other soft things that will flatten out comfortably to give you a soft landing. He seems to love doing this over and over again :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've tried using cat ball toys at feeding time by putting roaches or worms in them. Darwin is pretty good at picking them out rather than playing with the puzzle though. He likes climbing and exploring best so he has a dog bed in the window sill and 3 basking lights with different basking rocks around the house and has free reign while I'm home. He hasn't shown interest in any toys really just loves space to run around like a madman.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3j6rwsje said:
I've tried using cat ball toys at feeding time by putting roaches or worms in them. Darwin is pretty good at picking them out rather than playing with the puzzle though. He likes climbing and exploring best so he has a dog bed in the window sill and 3 basking lights with different basking rocks around the house and has free reign while I'm home. He hasn't shown interest in any toys really just loves space to run around like a madman.

Oh, I'll have to start doing that with my insects! Iggy has become very lazy with hunting his insects, just waiting for them to pass within range of his muzzle and snatching them up that way. He's definitely a spoiled one >_< But yes, they are quite agile with their tongues, I have noticed that. Mine is more curious than anything, exploring every crevice possible while tasting everything in range.

SDragons

Juvie Member
No "toys" but things for climbing and exploring.

Both for inside and outside his tank, Branches, large rocks and Cork at various heights for climbing

3 foot fake tree for climbing inside the house. Very stable base. He LOVES to climb up and sit inside the branches and look out the window

Basking lights outside his tank near the patio door to let him get warm when he is exploring

Harness for playing outside

Tons of time outside his large tank.

Atticus spends all of his time in his hammock. I have two tiered about each other so he can pick the level he wants to be at. He very rarely spends time in the ground. Lots of things he can climb and things that can stick to the wall so he can see his kingdom.

phobosdthorga

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SDragons":3617oxdf said:
No "toys" but things for climbing and exploring.

Both for inside and outside his tank, Branches, large rocks and Cork at various heights for climbing

3 foot fake tree for climbing inside the house. Very stable base. He LOVES to climb up and sit inside the branches and look out the window

Basking lights outside his tank near the patio door to let him get warm when he is exploring

Harness for playing outside

Tons of time outside his large tank.

AtticusTheBeardie":3617oxdf said:
Atticus spends all of his time in his hammock. I have two tiered about each other so he can pick the level he wants to be at. He very rarely spends time in the ground. Lots of things he can climb and things that can stick to the wall so he can see his kingdom.

I really do like the idea of having a basking lamp outside of the vivarium, just on the floor for the Beardie to walk up to and relax when he's outside. I doubt my housemates would agree to that arrangement though, at least during spring and summertime. What seasons do Beardies brumate? Is it just winter, or does it include autumn too?

95175-9646766120.jpg

Iggy loves climbing his branch and it's where his basking spot under the MVB is. There's a large rock inside the vivarium but he very rarely climbs that, so I'm considering removing it unless others here have some ideas for it. I recently purchased a rather deep water dish (below) and I'm going to be adding that along with some water inside once the ceramic tiles finally arrive. It was originally going to be used as a feeder bowl, but the insects climb out too easily due to the rough surfaces on it c_c

95175-8037330364.jpg

Those hammocks that are commonly sold do look nice but I've heard elsewhere in this discussion board of Beardies swallowing parts from them, and thus needing surgery to remove said parts from their GI tract. So I'm not sure how safe they are. I will be getting a harness for Iggy once he's a bit larger in size so we can play outside together; does anyone know of any websites where they are sold? Or do you just make the harnesses yourself?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lighting outside the tank works well but you have to be comfortable with them freely roaming which isn't always viable.

They brumate at various times of the year. It seems to be more common during fall/winter. My dragon started when it was getting into fall but still very hot outside and is still sleeping for the most part. It really depends. Some of them don't brumate at all.

The hammocks are nice but the mesh ones can catch their nails. Better off with a fleece or solid fabric with some eyelets that you can fix on command hooks. The leashes are available on etsy from a lot of shops but they're pretty easy to make on your own using some parachute cord and spring clips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom