Need help deciding wether or not to buy this dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I’m new to this site and am planning on getting my first bearded dragon soon. I came across this ad on Craigslist and was wondering if it’s worth it. I understand that buying a pre owned beardie can have some risk. Could someone take a look at the post and tell me if you see any signs of illness. And if the whole bundle would be worth it. Originally I was planning on buying separate items throughout a period of time but I’m so eager to own one and personally think this one is cool, also it seems to come with all the necessities I need making it less of a hassle to go around search Craigslist ads everyday to get a better deal. https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/for/d/bearded-dragon-lizard/6367472448.html Thanks in advance :)

VenusAndSaturn

Sub-Adult Member
It looks pretty healthy and the setup looks good, however he/she does look a bit dehydrated and skinny in the third picture. Though make sure the tube light they have isnt too old, at 6 months they need to be replaced. Also make sure that its a t5 10.0 tube light. If its not then i'd say mount it inside the enclosure if its a t5 5.0 or t8 10.0. I believe those two are the ones you need mounted inside. If its something lower like a t8 5.0 i believe you'll have to replace it for a higher one like the t8 10.0 so itll still use the same fixture but will be needed to mount inside. Someone correct me if im wrong.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree, he's on the small side for 3 yrs. old but probably just not fed quite enough. Keep in mind that a fat dragon does not mean a healthy dragon . You might offer less money to see if you can get it for less, but of course don't say anything bad about the dragon. :)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks really good compared to a lot of craigslist dragons I see. The tank setup is better than most too (but needs improvement). The tank is a bit low for my liking at 12'' but you could take the top off and suspend the lights above it to create some more climbing areas. The light looks like a T8 in a Zilla fixture which isn't the best option for a tank that size (especially with the fine mesh top intercepting the output). I'd upgrade to a T5. It might be worth buying the bundle for the tank and stand and just upgrading it piece by piece though. With good lighting and a healthy diet I think Cyrus would be a good investment and thrive in a good home. He looks generally well taken care of.

Heroicchip

Original Poster
Thank you all so much for the advice I really appreciate it! Ends up I am actually going to purchase cyrus!! Super excited! I will upgrade the light fixture as soon as I can. And when you guys say t5 do you mean the bulb or the lighting fixture ? I get him Wednesday :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom