Friendliness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassy123

So I’m getting a bearded dragon soon, and I wanted to know how many of you guys bought one from a name-brand (Petco, Petsmart) and how friendly it was? I want a very sociable and playful beardie, so I wanted to know if I buy from one of those pet stores, will it be friendly or very shy?

Jdmarsh17

Hi! I just read your post! I bought my baby at Petsmart. While it may not be recommended, my little one is doing great!! Not once has she hissed or even gaped at me. I hold her multiple times every day. My vet said she’s perfectly healthy.

Tourmaline

Both of mine are from PetSmart (I work there). A lot of the time our beardies are not handled, at least at my store, so they become shy. One of my boys was starving because the staff in charge of the pets couldn't get him to eat. He was so aggressive towards anyone who tried to hand feed him, and he refused to hunt. I decided to get him, and he was severely underweight and extremely aggressive. It took about a month but he's a good weight, very easy to handle, and loves attention now 4 months later.

My other boy had early signs of MBD, but he was handled more since he was being treated for it while he was in the store. We also got a new staff member since I got my first boy that pays special attention to the reptiles. He's been very friendly and easy to handle since about the 4th day or so after he settled in his tank.

Sassy123

Original Poster
Okay thanks, that makes me feel so much better about buying one from Petsmart. Its too expensive for me to buy from breeders!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My first dragon was from Petco. He was very friendly and sweet. Curious and energetic. I wouldn't have traded him for anything. That said, they all have unique personalities so it really depends which dragon you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom