Bearded Dragon Roaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashswish3

Hello everyone my name is Ashley I’m new to the discussion forums so I apologize if I am doing this wrong... I have a quick question about my bearded Dragon, his name is King Henry! Whenever I let him out to roam my room he always finds the darkest place in the room, and he sleeps.. he will sleep all day in the dark place if I wasn’t worried about him getting too cold. Can this mean he isn’t getting enough sleep in his tank?

HylianHealeys

Juvie Member
Welcome to BeardedDragon.org! These forums are great and I hope you find a lot of help here.

My bearded dragon does the exact same thing. It's nothing to be concerned about; since bearded dragons are cold-blooded, their bodies cool down when they are outside of their terrarium. Eventually they cool down to the point where they start feeling sleepy, which is when they will select a cozy space to sleep.

If this happens frequently, you may want to take your beardie out for shorter excursions so he can stay warm and awake during the day. If you notice that he sleeps a lot in his terrarium, too, this could be a sign of brumation if he's an adult.

Ashswish3

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I was nervous that I was doing something wrong with his husbandry. I’m glad to know it’s not only my Dragon. Thank you again!

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Mystic loves cold dark places too, it's hard to track him down. I lost him a few weeks back, I was worried for a couple days. Found him by accident in the basement covered in Cobb webs. I think he needs a collar and a mini Tile Chip, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom