Moving to North Carolina from Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

zendoc

Hi, I am new to the site. I have a 3 month old beardie named Rhaegal which I got as a hatchling. He's growing well, eating, pooping, shedding etc. In February we are going to move from Boston to North Carolina (probably a better climate for a beardie anyway). I have seen several posts on here but they have conflicting information about how to move a beardie, and none of it is specific to the age of the beardie. Any advice? He (or she, we don't know yet) is about 14 inches long now and growing fast, so by February I expect he/she will be considerably larger. Thanks in advance for moving advice.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, N.C. will be a better climate when it comes to outside time for natural sun if you plan on doing that. :) Transport is simple, some owners use a small gym bag [ or pet carrier ] , small plastic storage tote, cardboard box, etc. Line the bottom with old towel that you don't mind tossing if he poo's on it, or newspaper. Then add shredded newspaper which will absorb a poo so Rheagal won't get coated with it if he DOES poo. You can add 1-2 handwarmers, but wrap them loosely in newspaper + tape the ends so he can't come in contact with them. They get up to 160 degrees and can burn if he comes in direct contact with them. Then put them under the newspaper/towel.

You actually don't need any extra heat as long as the car is at 70+ degrees. Of course if you stop for a break and it's cold out you will ned the handwarmers in his carrier and he shouldn't be left too long.

zendoc

Original Poster
Thank you so much for this great advice. It really gives me peace of mind. He's in a growth spurt at the moment and I'm amazed to see him grow so much in such a short time. Last night he fell asleep in my hand so I think we are making progress in that department. I got him some silkworms as a treat and he loves them!! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom