Pinworm/coccidia - how 2 clean resin rocks & hemp hammock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Does anyone know how I should clean a resin rock and hemp hammock. Everything else I have soaking in bleach and water. These two items seem a little more complicated. The resin rocks seems very porus, almost like condensed styrofoam. I don't think I can put that in the bleach mixture cause it would probably absorb it and never dry, right? Also the background is a foam artificial rock background how do I clean that. Should I just toss everything and get new stuff or is it possible to clean?
93630-5885895821.jpg
93630-8694685124.jpg
93630-9980725282.jpg

MrSheldon

If your beardie has been diagnosed with any form of paracite you should wash everything with bleach or get ride of it and buy new.

I’m not an expert, just an owner who went through this last year and lost one of my two beardies.

Good luck!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Anything that won't melt can be put in the oven, preheated at 250F. Other than that, a lot of people use the F-10 veterinary spray that is a great disinfectant.

BTW, it's good yo be vigilant but don't be too paranoid. Enjoy your dragon, lots of others have gone through this with success and lots of dragons live with low levels of both pinworms + coccidia .

DanielleGia920

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys! I can't help it AHBD ?. Most likely she's had the pinworms and coccidia ever since I bought her 2 months ago and nothing's come of it but now that I know she has it I'm driving myself nuts. I cleaned out the entire viv, soaked everything in bleach, steam cleaned the floors. If I could steam clean myself I probably would lol ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You might need to use ammonia instead of bleach to kill coccidia. Be careful not to mix any ammonia with bleach though. If you're using a steam cleaner that should take care of coccidia too. As AHBD mentioned anything wooden/ceramic can go into the oven and sanitized with low heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom