Do dragons learn to climb by themselves or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my dragon into her bigger tank . It a 200 gallon display case . I got her I giant stick that reaches up to her heat lamps and also a hammock if she wants . I've been putting her up there myself . She has no problem getting down but I'm worried she doesn't know how to get up ? Do I have to teach her or will she figure it out ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, how old + what size is she ? Beardies have great climbing abilities but that doesn't mean she'll know that it's the only way to get to her optimum basking temps. + uvb exposure. So it should be a nice area for her to climb to with several basking options for her to choose from . Can you post pics ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. It may be worth trying out some different configurations and see which she takes to. I'd love to see photos of the tank. It sounds like a wonderful amount of space available. Perhaps you could set up several different zones for her. A high heat & high UVB area, High heat & no UVB area, Low heat and moderate UVB area, and some shade/hide areas etc. I'd just keep tweaking until you come upon what she seems to enjoy the best which will take some time but be fun to tinker with. Taterbug has a guide which illustrates the zones I'm speaking of. It may be worth checking out for some ideas https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/photogradient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom