Traveling with beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenninolan4

My family lives in Virginia but we are going to our house in New York for Christmas, I’m going to bring his tank and lights and everything, but is it okay to have him in the car for around 9 hours? He will be about 6 months old then

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That should be fine. My guy goes with us on car rides regularly. At that time of year, have some hand warmers (the reptile shipping kind are best) and a tote bag and some soft small blankets or towels. The hand warmers are good to put under the blanket when you stop for a meal etc. Otherwise the normal car air temp is fine.

Jenninolan4

Original Poster
CooperDragon":d4p2q1ct said:
That should be fine. My guy goes with us on car rides regularly. At that time of year, have some hand warmers (the reptile shipping kind are best) and a tote bag and some soft small blankets or towels. The hand warmers are good to put under the blanket when you stop for a meal etc. Otherwise the normal car air temp is fine.
Thank you so much! I’m going to be holding him in the passenger seat and our car is pretty warm so I can care for him and give him anything he needs

SDragons

Juvie Member
We live in Canada and travel with our guy in the winter. I keep his leash on and keep him on me in the passenger seat with a blanket over him.

I never leave him in the car when we stop. He stays with one of us in the car or in my big purse with soft blankets.

I carry his small travel tank and basking light in a hockey bag. I don't typically bring his UVB light only his basking lights. His UVB lights are too large for his travel tank and we are usually only gone for a few days at a time.

DragonMom100

Would a 12-14 hour car ride be ok? That is how long it takes me to go home. I would use a heater and blankets, but is this still ok?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I do 9hr rides somewhat regularly. I've done week long road trips (in summer) without issue as well. I would pick up a few of the Uniheat shipping heat packs which are rated to last 72hrs. You can slip one under a towel or blanket if you leave the car. Otherwise normal car temps are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom