Beardie Halloween Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! So i was wanting to dress my beardie up for the Halloween festivities, and i wanted to dress him up like a yellow-spotted lizard from the movie/book Holes (because in the movie the lizards were played by beardies) im just wondering if it would be alright to paint spots on his back, using non-toxic pet nail polish. I dont know if this is ok for his skin or not, ive heard that it might not be, but theres nothing wrong with asking!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Check out Etsy .... there are ladies there who make these kinds of things. They do themed custom pet custumes.

Not large areas of paint on the skin.

I know of some breeders here who paint numbers on each hatchling as born using nail colour. Comes off the shed.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
My question would be how are you going to get this nail-polish off of his skin/scales once you're done (assuming it is a completely non-toxic nail polish made specifically for animals THAT IS SAFE TO PUT ON THEIR SKIN)? I wouldn't really want to use "nail polish", even if it is safe for pets, because it's still made for their nails, not their skin! I'd use a pet-safe, non-toxic make-up that's made for skin.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
PankakeLover":2iwdjqmc said:
Thanks for the feedback! I didnt know that pet make-up existed so I will definitely check that out!

Lol, I don't know if it exists either, but I wouldn't put nail polish on their skin...

PankakeLover

Original Poster
Hello again! So i was researching pet makeups and paints and the like, and i came across a brand called Critter Color and its a temporary fur coloring for dogs that washes easily with bathing and the ingredients are: H20, Carbopol, TEA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene, Polysobsorbate 20, FDA Approved Color. Are any of those harmful to beardies? And does anyone think fur dyes with stick to beardie scales? Im just curious if this will work, thanks!

Hi! I actually have been making tons of costumes for my Larry, if you need anyone to make a costume I’m not on Etsy but I’d love to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom