Traveling with a beardie in the fall

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am going on a trip this weekend and I really hate to leave my baby. Where I live the high is about 50 degrees and where I'm traveling too is only a couple degrees in difference (since it's the same state, three hour drive). The only problem is his cage is too big to just pack up and take away for three days. Any advice on how to travel with him? Or best to leave him with a nanny ?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he's really young it's probably easier to leave him home and have someone stop in to feed him and clean his tank as needed. If you do travel with him, you'll want some kind of duffel bag or pet carrier for him to feel secure in. If you have a clamp lamp or a lamp with an adjustable stand you can bring that along and put a basking light or mercury vapor bulb on it for him to bask under. You could keep him in a collapsable childs playpen or if the area you're going to is relatively safe with no other animals around you could just set up a spot for him to bask on the floor. This is much easier to do with adult dragons though since they don't require so much live food and are generally more relaxed than the little guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom