Not enough time for Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegangirl

I have a dragon named Boo (not sure how old he is). I've been unemployed due to health reasons so have had lots of time for my dragon, but now I'm getting back to work and because of the industry it will be 12 hour shifts. My OH will be out in the day too.
I'm worried that I won't be able to look after my Beardie properly, working 12 hours a few times a week, and then it's travel, so more like 14-15 hours. :(
I'm worried I might have to find him a new owner that can look after him properly in the day and it breaks my heart.
Any help? :cry:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if Boo is a large juvenile,sub adult or adult then there's no problem with not being there for a big part of the day. You can feed him in the a.m. before work or right when you get home. Adults don't need large volumes of food, and then in the evening you can spend a little time with him .

I would think your baby would be fine as long as you mist, have veggies available, the correct lighting and just make sure you give him extra attention when you are home. My 2 seem to be super appreciative when I return home from a long day if my kids are away and I think the bonding time we get by cuddling makes them super happy.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom