Stool color - female or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallon5

Wondering if our Bearded Dragon may be a girl. Occasionally poops white substance with normal colored poop. The white is not squishy and when broke in half is chalk like. Also, massaged the belly and feel little nodules on left side only. Here is a pic of stool.

24vkzyv.jpg

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
The image didn't show up, but the white part is called the "urate", it comes out along with the solid fecal matter when they poop, it's like their urine, for an easy explanation. So that's completely normal and should be happening with each bowel movement, and if it's a bit chalky, dry, or pink in color, that's an indication that the beardie is a bit dehydrated and you may want to drip some water on her snout a few times a day for her to lick off for extra hydration if she's not getting enough hydration from her live bugs and greens.

To identify the sex, take a photo of your beardie with her tail arched up far over her back, like a happy dog, and take a photo of the area of her vent and just above the vent. We have to look for hemipenes showing through the skin (or a lack there of), their poop has nothing to do with gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom