POTTY TRAINING BASICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my name is savannah. i am here to help you potty train your beardie! there are 2 places to train your dragon to go at. 1, the bath and 2, outside. first, find out the time your dragon poops. when its that time of day,take your beardie to the spot you want them to poop at, and don't give them a treat until they poo. if they poo in there cage/ on you, don't give them a treat that day. get them used to getting a treat every time they poop in the correct spot. treats you can use are waxworms, superworms, fruit, there favorite veggie, or butterworms. if you have ANY questions, leave them below and i will answer them :D :D :D :p

KDPleger

So I'm having a really really hard time with this. He absolutely hates the bath. He's about 4 months old and I've had him about a month. He's gotten a bath almost everyday (we've missed 2 days due to my work schedule). He has only gone to the potty twice in the bath. Bath time has lasted up to a half hour. I'll even replace the water so it's still warm. And I swear as soon as I put him back in his viv he'll poop. I feel that our relationship has taken a step back. Hes jumpy now when I put my hand in the viv in the morning.
Grr! I'm frustrated.

ashydragon

Original Poster
another way to do this is litter training. find the part of the viv that it poops in, and put a paper towel over it. when they go on the towel, give them a treat. make the paper towel smaller and smaller every day, until its the shape of the litter tray. put it in the litter tray. whenever she/he poos out of the tray, wait for the poo to become solid and move it into the tray. try this. for now just try to make your beardie associate you with positive things, like treats and cuddles :) :wink:

Katacara

OMG I didn't know you could do this!!! This would be such a huge help to me because right now it is so hot in my room that my dragons are basicaly free-ranging almost 24/7. It would be so nice not to find random poo's

Do you have any tips on a good way to potty train in a large space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom