BEARDIE JUST LAYED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gtxollie1

So my dragon was gravid. I put her in the lay box around 3pm, I then had to go out but since it was the 4th day of digging I decided to leave her in, I got back around 4pm and came home to eggs. I didn't move her or anything I just lifted up a blanket that was on top of the lay box. Through a small gap I could see the eggs. It's now 5 and I havnt heard any movement or burying so should I take her out? I don't know what to do. Sorry if it's confusing I'm going a bit fast as I'm happy ?
Thanks, any advice is appreciated ???

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, congratulations. :) Is she still laying ? As long as she's quiet + still she is still producing eggs. Once she's done she should cover them up with great care [ interesting to watch , sometimes they'll even use their neck to tamp the sand down to hide any evidence that the eggs are there ]

Once she's done she'll need a nice warm soak , just a few minutes to drink [ they usually do ] and get cleaned off. Then straight back in to her tank to warm up + offer food after about an hour. if it's not too close to bedtime. Where are you located that it is after 5:00 p.m. ?

Gtxollie1

Original Poster
AHBD":3qy91aic said:
Hi there, congratulations. :) Is she still laying ? As long as she's quiet + still she is still producing eggs. Once she's done she should cover them up with great care [ interesting to watch , sometimes they'll even use their neck to tamp the sand down to hide any evidence that the eggs are there ]

Once she's done she'll need a nice warm soak , just a few minutes to drink [ they usually do ] and get cleaned off. Then straight back in to her tank to warm up + offer food after about an hour. if it's not too close to bedtime. Where are you located that it is after 5:00 p.m. ?
Thanks, I'm in the UK. She is done and has had a soak. How many locusts could I feed her tonight. She finished around an hour ago. Thx

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Just offer her 2-3 if they're very large, then tomorrow you can give her a bigger meal. Be sure to use calcium powder on her food as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom