Egg cycling age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Hi all, my Jubsie is now over a year old! Whilst this does lessen my worries of her getting sick or hurt due to being a baby, it has started me worrying about egg cycling.

I'm not are where I read this, or if its in anyway correct, but I have the idea that females can potentially start cycling eggs from around a year, and there are complications with this from nutrient ad calcium problems to becoming egg bound?

Does anyone know at what age beardies can start laying, and what the typical age is? Also do the descried behaviours of being gravid always occur, so she won't just suddenly lay eggs, but be digging and surfing first?

Also would it be worth going to the vets when she shows signs, to get x rays, or is that something that's only done in some circumstances?

Sorry for the questions, I just want to make sure I'm completely ready so she's not left in a bad way!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, my youngest laid infertile eggs at 8 months but that is pretty unusual. She did get a bit thin after but was in no danger + did not become eggbound. I've never had an eggbound dragon. Most dragons lay their first clutches between 1-2 years + up, but some don't lay eggs at all or don't lay until they are almost seniors [ 6-8 years old ] Most healthy dragons have no problem..... they need good food, calcium + proper lighting and they are usually fine.

Most DO show tell-tale signs before laying.....eating a lot + then suddenly stopping, glass surfing, digging, etc. No need for a vet unless they become extremely lethargic, like don't even want to move + may have a black beard.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the helpful info :) she's not shown any signs at all,ci just worry and I'm glad to know itsl doesn't seems or be a too dangerous thing :) x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom