Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I can't find the PM. Not good at navigating through this site. So, i don't know where to begin. So many questions. I thought a phone call would be an easy way to give you his history. But i understand. I guess I'll start here...
Vitamin C
Serrapeptase
Milk thistle
Bee pollen
Bene bac...
How much, how often, how long....
Also, I've gotten one positive result for ADV, do you only continue testing if the first is negative?
I was told a pea size amount for bene bac, .3 ml for serrapeptase (this stuff says good for 30 days in fridge, so i buy it once a month?)
I have 500 mg pills of vitamin c, capsules of milk thistle and bee pollen. I was told only give colodial silver if your 100% certain he has ADV. He is 510 grams 19 inches, just over 9 months old. A coupe days ago he started eating roaches with incredible enthusiasm! I'M OVERJOYED! I want to chalk this up to the supplements, as it's been close to two months since he's eaten roaches, about a month since he's shown a noticeable interest in food, and the past week he was barely eating at all. Though he is just about done a shed, (which had been quite a while since he had one) and he just finished 3 weeks of meds for coccidia. That's kind of what seems a good starting point. As i said, so many questions and so much info. I'm sure you'll have questions too, and I'll do my best, it's just that I've been so broken up about his condition lately, my brains kind of scattered. Oh also, how do i get one of your tests for ADV. Thank You so much for any help, your care and willingness to help means more than i can ever say.
JEREMIAH-

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Jeremiah, look at the top of the page, right above the thread title where it says Tracie. The small green lettering where it says " user control panel" , right next to it says [ new messages ] You should see it there if Tracie sent you a p.m.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jeremiah,

That is good news your dragon is starting to do better right now.
Are you just needing some general doses for the various supplements, along with the frequency
needing to be given?
I can definitely help with that, no problem.
The benebac gel, you just need a small, pea sized amount daily, correct. You can give that for
a few weeks, to help get the GI tract balanced out after meds.
The serrapeptase should be good for longer than a month if refrigerated. Where did you buy it
from? Since it is calcium based, I would limit it to a few times per week if you give calcium
supplementation so you don't overdo the calcium.
The milk thistle is for liver help & can be given daily. If it's powder, just give a small pinch of
it daily, as well as the same for the bee pollen. The vitamin C, give just a few times per week, & just a tiny pinch also. You can give the colloidal silver even if they don't have Adeno. Just cycle
it by giving it for a few weeks at a time, then give a week or so off to flush out the system. It is
helpful for immune system boosting.
You can go to my adeno site at:

http://www.thepats.info

You can sign up for testing. Don't forget to include your mailing address also for me.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I think the bottle of serrapeptase said bearded dragon co
So if i give it a few times a week, how many times a week should i dust with calcium? What type of schedule would make for it? See this is what i find overwhelming. Give this this day, this much, a few times, but don't give that one too many times. And before he started eating roaches again, it was like how do i give supplement when he's not eating.

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Also Tracie, I'll need to get the silver, but how much daily for the few weeks on? And should i try to find a serrapeptase that's not calcium based?

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I tried to go on your chat but it said offline. Truth is, i could be doing everything right (as i thought i was with my first baby) and still be afraid of something happening to him. I was just so devastated when i lost my girl. I became so attached to her, in a way i never imagined. So here is some more thoughts about my boy, RJ. I appreciate your help with dosings/ frequency of supplements. However did you see my additional questions on that same topic? I want to add a few pictures, to get your thoughts on his set up. And a close up of him. This is where he spends most of his time, though lately he does seem to be coming out towards the middle to warm up more. Hot side usually ranges from 100-110 (digital probe) depending on the day. Where he is right now (Just checked with temp gun) he is 97. Cool side is 80 with 40% humidity.
89591-1395478556.jpg
89591-2976453030.jpg
89591-5849966216.jpg
I use a 150 watt bulb, which seems like a lot to me, even though it is a 4x2x2 melamine enclosure. I run the AC to prevent it from getting too hot. But a 100 watt bulb just isn't enough. Plus he never goes to the cool side, so i figured he was ok. Though i keep my probe kind of angled out so it's not directly under the bulb, and when i temp gum the spot under the bulb it's like 120 ish. But i figured I'm picking up some of the heat the hammock is absorbing, and I'm not too sure how to factor all that in. One other thing, I'm sure the "hanging" uvb seems odd, it's the only way i could get it within the recommended distance. Well any other thoughts/ comments would be appreciated. I also have some behavioral concerns. He was a pretty skittish baby. But after a while he adjusted ok. He often wanted to come out and didn't want to go back when he was in a 40 breeder. I think it's been a couple months now since he's been in this enclosure. It took him a bit to adjust, but now it's like he doesn't want to come out. I worry he's afraid or something. The way he always stuffs his face in the leaves. He sighs/ breaths when i slide the glass open. He clings to the hammock when i pick him up. He tries to jump back in when I'm holding him right outside the enclosure. (Glass open or not) Though (strangely) my wife says he doesn't try to go back in the way he does with me. Well as i said, so many questions, thoughts, concerns. I hope to hear from you soon. Pretty curious on your thoughts with the behavior stuff. Thanks again... So much
Jeremiah-

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Jeremiah,

As far as the serrapeptase, you can use what you have, but just use in moderation along with
your calcium supplementation.
It depends on the ppm on the silver as to how much to give. On a basic 10ppm I recommend .5ml to 1ml being the smaller amount on dragons weighing less of up to 200 grams. Then 1ml up to 400 grams & 2mls up to 800 grams.
If the ppm is higher than 10ppm then dose accordingly & be conservative with dosing. I always recommend cycling it, too. Give for a few weeks, then cycle off for a week or so to let the system flush out.
Does your tube bulb have a light fixture around it? Looking at it from the picture, it's hard to tell.
I think temps of 120 or so, could definitely be too hot. Can you find a 125 watt bulb instead of a 150 watt?
He prefers your wife to pick him up, instead of you? Was he possibly mishandled before you got him that could have affected his trust some or have you had him since he was a baby?
You could try holding him at night & wrap him up in a soft blankie or an old shirt of yours so that he gets used to your scent more.
Sometimes it just takes time for them to get used to people.

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hey Tracie, just had a couple things, i received the ADV q tip, thank you so much. Can i please have another (as i also have a baby that ill need to test) and can you let me know how much for each test? Also i was curious you thoughts on treating pin worms in a dragon where the fecal tests 5-10 eggs. Thanks so much

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I'm glad you got the swab so quickly. Sure, I can send another one out to you. Each test is $19. You can just wait & send them together if you want, it might be easier.
Is that 5-10 eggs per grid or for the entire slide? Did you do the fecal or did the vet do a fecal for you?
Normally, Panacur or Strongid are used for pinworms. Do they seem to be bothering his appetite?

Tracie

ILoveRJ

Juvie Member
Original Poster
C I'm not sure about the"per grid" thing. I didn't do it. Not bothering his appetite but poop is a kinda unformed. I imagine since your working to cure ADV you know your stuff, but someone said q tip swabs aren't as accurate because of the delay in testing...???

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Did you decide to treat his pinworms some?
I got you another swab sent out for your other dragon. A q-tip would probably work, but it may
not be as sterile as the medical swab.
How is he doing?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom