Update: Kozmo is still brumating :{

Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Just wow! I had trained Smaug to go in a certain place in the bedroom (he had his own) while I lived in Milwaukee. Just hasn't got the hang of it in our new home though. There are certain "places" that he seems to use here, luckily it's on stone tile! BTW, he is up now. Came out of brumation the first week of the month. It's great to have him out and about again! So happy Kozmo is doing well. :D

KozmoRox

Original Poster
So it's been 2 weeks since our last weigh-in and update. She seems to be semi-brumationg now. The last 10 days or so she hasn't been in hiding every day, hiding for a day or 2 then out and about for a few. She's really hungry for super worms and wax worms, some squash and but no greens. Also, not interested in dubia, at all?!. She's been eating more and sleeping less, but still looks for her dark hiding places. Last week I lost her for a few hours and frantically looked EVERYWHERE! I eventually found her in a shoe basket, snuggled under several shoes! I've been taking her outdoors for natural sunlight and and warmth, hoping to break her brumation. She's growing and gaining again!! It's so nice to have her back! I missed her!!

89207-8109883885.jpg

KozmoRox

Original Poster
UPDATE! Just when I thought we were almost done with brumation, Kozmo decided to crawl back into her hide and take a 3 day nap. She made an appearance this morning, coming out to poop and say hello. I was so happy to see her! :) We went and sat out on the back porch for some natural sunlight! She sure was jumpy, puffing up at birds chirping and a plane flying overhead. But she warmed up and enjoyed the warmth. (it's 60 here, but toasty in the sunshine!)
89207-8639531992.jpg
89207-3712549475.jpg

She weighed in at 501.5g!!! I always thought she wouldn't make it to 500g because she was always so thin. But look at my girl go!! Haha :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom