She climbs and climbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Any tips on how to safely get my beardie off my head lol anytime (which these days is rare) Gretchen lets me take her out of her tank she scurries right up to my shoulder and then top of my head. Keep in mind she's 6 months old so still very active and also skiddish. Most times if I lay my head in the couch she'll climb off. But not always. I put my hand out and she wint come lol and I know you shouldn't grab them by the sides but how else do I get her off lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Just try to keep a close eye on her and keep a hand on her when she's up high so she doesn't jump off. Sometimes you have to pry them away from a comfy perch like your head and they won't like it but that's OK. It's better you keep control of her. She may flail or be upset for a minute but it's not a big deal vs risking her jumping off or staying on your head forever.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2diol04t said:
Just try to keep a close eye on her and keep a hand on her when she's up high so she doesn't jump off. Sometimes you have to pry them away from a comfy perch like your head and they won't like it but that's OK. It's better you keep control of her. She may flail or be upset for a minute but it's not a big deal vs risking her jumping off or staying on your head forever.

Yes I definitely keep an eye on and never walk around with her on my head. Im always sitting on the couch or bed just have to pry her off most times. No offense to her but when will she calm down lol I can't seem to "bond" with her cause she never stays still. And when she gets a little too excited I have to put her back or in afraid I'll loose her somewhere in the house. She's fast lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You are bonding already. They tend to be little balls of energy when they're little. She will likely calm down as she reaches full size.

Gretchen

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1drmrzis said:
You are bonding already. They tend to be little balls of energy when they're little. She will likely calm down as she reaches full size.

Okay that makes me feel a bit better. There are a lot of days she's just not having it and won't let me pick her up to come out. Today was the 1st time in almost a week. Was afraid she would get use to it and not remember me and id end up with a beardie that I can't touch ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom