Please help Bearded dragon acting strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myscalybabies

I have had my bearded dragon for a couple month now, but the other day I went to handle him and he started to puff up and try to bite, I also have found that his poop was slimy? Is this something serious? how should I help him? His lighting is a exo terra 75w and has a 40 gallon tank.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably not serious. Do you see signs of him shedding? That can put them in a bad mood sometimes. Do you have a good UVB light as well?

Myscalybabies

Original Poster
CooperDragon":19fz05jk said:
Probably not serious. Do you see signs of him shedding? That can put them in a bad mood sometimes. Do you have a good UVB light as well?
He is shedding, he seems to be better now he hasn't been puffing up or trying to bite. I recently got him a new UVB light.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
Out of curiosity, what brand, model, and type (compact, coil, tube, or mercury vapor bulb) did you get him? How long did he go without a UVB? The reason I'm asking is I want to make sure you got an adequate UVB light for a bearded dragon, most people do not buy a good one on their first try, and the UVB light is the most critical item you will ever buy your bearded dragon, and its quality and strength of UVB will determine whether he can make vitamin D3, absorb any nutrients, including any Calcium you're giving him, whether he will grow, and whether he will develop bone density issues like MBD, as well as numerous other health problems and illnesses. So better you get it sorted out now when he's young, because they do their most growing and developing in their first year of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom