My juvenile bearded dragon has a literal fear of salad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desidium

Hi. My juvenile beardie, Meekor, seems to just be downright terrified of salad. Whenever I put him on our table, the moment I place a tiny bowl of salad next to him, he takes off flying and flailing about. If I leave him alone with it in his cage, he will eventually make his way over to it and eat it, but this morning I placed him next to his salad bowl and he just about tumbled out of the cage as he sprinted away, tearing an unfinished bit of his shedding clean off. I put some sports tape over the exposed area, but I'm still so confused. What could possibly be causing this behavior?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure that it's the salad on it's own. It could be from moving him or it could just be general jumpiness from the shedding which can cause some odd behavior. I'd try putting the salad in his enclosure but not moving him and just letting it sit in the background for a bit and see if that helps.

Desidium

Original Poster
It's just that he's been shedding his tail for about a week now and he randomly panicked. Maybe it really wasn't anything in depth, you're probably right. I'll go easier on him, but I know how they need some down time while shedding. Thanks for the reply! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom