F10 cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
So I bought this cleaner and I'm reading the instructions and is sounds kind of scary to use. Any pointers on using it? Thanks for your help.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you are referring to the product that has a detergent in the mix , is green coloured , called F10CLXD.

10ml / litre is correct dilution for F10CLXD (concentrate).
From their Webpage ( have to open a PDF )
sterilize against Infectious Diseases (1:100) ie 10 ml / 1 liter water
f10scxd.png

essentially spray / wipe on, let airdry and you are done ie
f10scxd_use.png

Directions given here http://www.reptilebasics.com/cleaning-products/f10scxd-200ml/ appear to be wrong ( they recommend 1:200 dilution for F10CLXD which is 1/2 the strength recommended by the manufacturer. ).

I haven't used this product but sware by F10SC and F10 Handwipes. They are excellent.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The label on the F10SC is pretty scary. I treat it carefully when it's in concentrated form. Careful to rinse items that come in contact with it, including my hands, quickly. When it's diluted at recommended amounts 1:250 - 1:500 it's pretty safe from what I understand. I use a syringe to draw the concentrate and put it in a spray bottle. Close the cap, rinse the bottle, rinse the syringe, and wash my hands.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a pre-diluted version of it. Since it's pre-diluted it should already be at a safe concentration to come into contact with. I'd keep it away from eyes and mouth but it should be safe to touch and use for cleaning.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sorry have another question. So I can just spray this on and then let it dry right? I don't have to rinse it?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah you just spray it and give it 10 min or so of contact time. You can then wipe it off or just let it dry.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Where did you find that bottle? I've never seen it pre-mixed before. It's at the same 1:250 ratio I use but it's only slightly bigger than the 25oz spray bottle I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom