New owner, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakze

Hello all. I will be getting a beardie next month and i would like some advice. I'm mostly confused about UV lighting. If you guys could help me in this, I would be most thankful.

Here is what i have now
-47x20x20inch tank (120x50x50 centimeter)
-Exoterra sandmat
-Zoo Med Reptisun T5 10.0 HO w/fixture
-Thermometer
-Exoterra Basking spot 150W

Is that sufficient Uv light? What else do I need to buy?

Sakze

Original Poster
Hi ABHD.
I dont have my setup with any lights yet. That's what i'm here to get some help. How far do you think the uv should be at closest point. Thanks for helping!

I will be posting pictures once I have some progress as I need to wait for UV lights to arrive.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If the lights are all inside the tank, the uvb should be no more than 10" -12" to the basking spot or whatever the manufacturer recommends. As far as lighting, if the 150 makes it too hot you might need a dimmer . I've never used one, but others on here do. You might get more replies if you post this in the enclosures forum. You can also get ideas from this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=66704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom