leaving home for a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

thals

new bearded dragon mommy and i have so much questions and worries might sound dumb lol but i'm just worried about my baby girls well being. going out to a movie for a few hours is it ok to turn her light off while i'm gone will she be ok? will this mess up her sleeping scedual? i'm just scared to leave it on for a long period of time when i'm not around her.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
You should leave her lights on, she needs at least 14 hours under her UVB light every single day, and she'll likely get too cold during the day if you turn her basking light off for a few hours. I leave my lights on for 8 plus hours while at work, you have to. 14 hours minimum under their lights, and adequate temperatures all day long are a must for a healthy beardie with a good appetite that can properly digest their food and absorb their nutrients. Turning her lights on and off for an hour here and 3 hours there is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom