Hasn't pooped since coming home from boarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWolvie

Our 4 month old was in boarding for a few days last weekend and since we got her home on Monday she hasn't pooped once. I'm getting a little bit worried because I don't know when the last time she pooped was. She is very regular and poops every morning after her 9am feeding. She has had her same voracious appetite, she had around 20 med dubia for her morning feed yesterday. Any suggestions?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
0.2ml olive oil orally by syringe , SLOWLY ...ie in small hits FROM THE SIDE OF HIS MOUTH, careful to avoid his aspirating the oil. Might take 24 -48 hr to get a result.

Can you feel any hard lumps in his tummy , is he blackbearding , if in doubt get to a reptile vet for xrays to check .... you don't know what substrate he was on at the boarder or what they actually fed him there .

Also , if impacted and you can feel hard lumps in there , adding more solids will make the problem worse.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
I suggest bathing him more often if he's having trouble pooping to the point that he doesn't go for that long a period of time. The warm baths relax their muscles and stimulate them to go....

I'd make sure your UVB lighting and temps inside his enclosure are okay as well, because something I've found with my new rescue male, Mix, who has severe MBD, is that he pretty much only is able to go in a bath, as it seems he doesn't have the strength in that area to go unless he's in warm water. I've had him almost 4 months now, but when I got him he was 8 months old and severely impacted, which caused partial paralysis in his back legs, and even after we got that cleared up he still could rarely go if not in warm water because of the MBD and the weakness in his back end. So I make sure to put him in a warm tub once a day and he immediately poops when he hits the water, then I clean him off and get him out. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with your beardie, just suggesting you make sure, as I wasn't really aware of this kind of "constipation" or "inability to poop" due to MBD and related muscle weakness until I rescued Nix. He's not at all impacted, he just can't push it out...

MrsWolvie

Original Poster
Thank you guys for all great tips, Rey pooped yesterday morning and it was a big one lol. I have checked her temps and they are good, her uvb was only bought back in May so I'm pretty sure it's still good. I am going to make it a point to bathe her more, she just hates being in the water but I have a bunch of butter worms so maybe they will teach her to like it better. Thanks again guys!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom