Decreased appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston has been thriving and doing really well over the past several months since my last post. But we have noticed over the past week or so he hasn't been eating many crickets at all. We usually feed him twice a day. His appetite would vary maybe ingesting 10 in the morning and 15-20 in the evening (large). This week he has eaten maybe 4-5 per day. I read through some articles and saw that there appetite decreases as they get older. We aren't exactly sure how old he was when we got him, we guessed maybe 3-4 weeks old which would make him about 8 months old. He's pooping and eating his Kale everyday and other wise seems normal in his behavior. Just want to make sure he's ok :)
90190-1249948969.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....yes they can go through phases as they are growing where they don't eat quire as much. If he started losing weight then you might have a fecal test done to be sure that's not a problem.

But some older juveniles just get a bit tired + lazy about eating crickets sometimes. :)

Stres

Hatchling Member
AHBD":29sxerp7 said:
Hi there....yes they can go through phases as they are growing where they don't eat quire as much. If he started losing weight then you might have a fecal test done to be sure that's not a problem.

But some older juveniles just get a bit tired + lazy about eating crickets sometimes. :)

My one year old is showing these signs for the past few weeks to the point where he only eats every other day, and has less bm's as well, He hasn't lost weight but iv got him booked in at the vet on Wednesday just to make sure they think they're is no other issues causing it.

Winstonsmommy

Original Poster
So his appetite has picked up a bit, but I'm wondering if something else is the matter. He's pooping fine, but acting a bit strange. He normally basks most of the day on his log but lately I've noticed he has been hiding out behind the log or on top of the cave which is on the cool side. He feels a bit cooler to me as well when I pick him up because he hasn't been on the log. He looks a bit more wrinkly to me as well. I bathed him and hand fed him some water which he drank happily. I was just wondering if he was smart enough to stay out of the basking area if he was dehydrated because it's hotter. He still is interactive when you approach the cage or he hears you outside of the cage. We also spritz his greens everyday to keep him hydrated.

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom