Toast is scared of me

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i adopted my 2 adult bearded dragons 2 months ago from a woman who couldnt take care of them and they are my second and 3rd bearded dragons. But ive obly had reptiles for 3 months. But anyways, butter and mango my other 2 bearded dragons, love me and come to cuddle me at night and crawl uo to my shoulder and sleep with me at night but toast seems to not want to be anywhere near me. When i have him on my shoulder or my chest, he stays for a little while but then tries to run away. If i out him on the bed, he will stay for a good while but then decides to belly flop off the bed and go chill somewhere else. He flinches when inty to pick him up (scoop method) and just always runs away from me. I know its probably just that he isnt used to me yet but i dont understand why. I take him out all the time. Handle them daily. Hand feed. Daily baths. I dont know what else i could possibly do[XIMG]93220 toast is the fatter one. I wanted to name him chubs but i decided to keep the names that were given to them because they are 4 yeas old 1065666108[/XIMG]
93220-8241884480.jpg

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
He belly flops off the bed to run away??? How high up is the bed? That's a little concerning because bearded dragons can easily hurt themselves doing stuff like that :(
Also, when you have them out cuddling with you, do you have them all out together? That could honestly be a huge part of the problem, especially if Toast is associating you with the other lizards being around. Bearded dragons are very territorial, and even if they've been around each other for 4 years, things can go south very easily and quickly. He may feel threatened by the other lizards. If you're taking him out by himself, I would say maybe try holding him in safer spaces so when he does run off he's not jumping and hurting himself. Only time will tell really. It does take a lot of consistency to get them to be comfortable with you, especially if their past owner didn't handle Toast as much.
Chubs sounds like an adorable name! I wouldn't worry about a name change since they don't really respond to a name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom