Does your beardie do this? QUIZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanaeon

I just want to see if yours behave the same as my lazy 3 years old Drogo haha
1. Sometimes bask, mostly ignoring his veggies and rarely eat his vegs by himself.
2. the only time he actually moves with any eagerness is to catch his worms and crickets.
3. otherwise, stay on his branch pretty much half of the day after basking.
4. if taken out, won't move for the first 5 minutes, belly stay flat on the ground.
5. after 5 minutes, will start to move, usually 5 steps then stop for another minute, then another 5 steps, then stop etc
6. will eventually move to under a bush or a corner somewhere to hide and sleep.
7. only explore abit in the garden when the sun is intense.
8. does not run around and does not GAF about my two dogs, the dogs love him though. ( my chihuahua and my beardie bask in the sun together in the garden, I have pictures)

He has been like this since pretty much the beginning. I live in a tropical country so he gets plenty of sunshine and varied diet. He eats superworms and crickets 3 times a week and vegs the other 3 times. He is difficult when it comes to eat veggies. Gets wet veggies, do not have a drinking bowl, and get a warm bath twice a week.
This is normal right? Is there anyway I can get him to be abit more active. He doesn't really move alot let's say compared to a Sulcata tortoise.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some of them are less active than others and that's OK. They are naturally opportunistic predators who are designed to conserve energy when they can in order to adapt to a harsh environment. Is his weight stable? How much does he weigh now? His diet should be almost completely veges at this point so I'd cut the bugs for a while if his weight is OK and see if he will start eating a salad with lots of variety. I only offer my adult dragon a bug meal once or twice per week and that's because he's very good about eating his veges.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
ryanaeon":km58qvjh said:
I just want to see if yours behave the same as my lazy 3 years old Drogo haha
1. Sometimes bask, mostly ignoring his veggies and rarely eat his vegs by himself.
2. the only time he actually moves with any eagerness is to catch his worms and crickets.
3. otherwise, stay on his branch pretty much half of the day after basking.
4. if taken out, won't move for the first 5 minutes, belly stay flat on the ground.
5. after 5 minutes, will start to move, usually 5 steps then stop for another minute, then another 5 steps, then stop etc
6. will eventually move to under a bush or a corner somewhere to hide and sleep.
7. only explore abit in the garden when the sun is intense.
8. does not run around and does not GAF about my two dogs, the dogs love him though. ( my chihuahua and my beardie bask in the sun together in the garden, I have pictures)

He has been like this since pretty much the beginning. I live in a tropical country so he gets plenty of sunshine and varied diet. He eats superworms and crickets 3 times a week and vegs the other 3 times. He is difficult when it comes to eat veggies. Gets wet veggies, do not have a drinking bowl, and get a warm bath twice a week.
This is normal right? Is there anyway I can get him to be abit more active. He doesn't really move alot let's say compared to a Sulcata tortoise.

Yep mine does all of the above and sometimes not even that lol LAZYYYYYYYY.He looks healthy and his weight is 570 grams and he is one year old. He was much active let say at 6 months . Now sheesh hides and sleeps come up 1 or twice a week for air haha. I fded him cuz he aint doing anything! I call him my little lazy fat butt Lizard!
He gets a bit active when he is outside tho runs around....but inside his cage is like I have a photo of a bearded dragon...thats how active mine is!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he is more active outside, I'd try to provide space for him to explore possibly with a portable basking spot set up so he has some enrichment. I've had good luck setting up a perch in a window sill for them too. All of my guys have loved looking out the window. Darwin has been in his window seat for a good hour at the moment just watching the comings and goings in the front yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom