Leg Mystery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I am a new beard owner and I have a question about my beardie's leg. The scales on her back right leg are darker than her other legs. She is a baby and about the size of my iPhone 6 (regular not plus) for awhile I thought she was preparing for shed but she hasn't shed her legs. She has fully shed her head and tail but that was about a week and a half ago. I got her from PetsMart so she may have shed before I got her. I am dusting with a calcium supplement, she loves crickets, phoenix worms, carrots and blueberries. I've been trying to sneak in kale but she can be a little picky. She's in a 40 gallon enclosure she has a nice basking temp of about 100-105 her cool area averages about 85. She gets a bath about 3 times a week. Is she just weird or is it maybe left over shed that the pet store or previous owner never helped get off? She doesn't favor it at all. The bottom of her leg looks totally normal. I don't know, the darkness hasn't spread up her body at all and there's no swelling. Is it just her scales being weird or something I need to take care of?

92946-9635211117.jpg
92946-8374328510.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
She's fine and cute as ...

Since she is so small and young , you can expect what will seem like almost continuous shedding for her first few months.

MsMiaWallace

Original Poster
Okay awesome. She's already starting to belly shed. I guess it's like new baby anexiety. I have other pets and know things can go wrong quickly if you're not attentive. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom