Juvenile Beardie's eating has slowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casseopia

I have an 8 month old Bearded dragon and her eating has slowed over the past month. 3 weeks ago when it was beginning to slow we had her first vet checkup and the vet said we were doing a great job with her. We had another bearded dragon who was diagnosed with coccidia during that visit so we treated both. Before, we could only get this girl to eat crickets. We have seriously tried every salad trick. We resorted to feeding her baby food every other day and a reptile calorie filler (reptaboost). We switched her to Dubia roaches and she was really loving them, now she won't eat those or crickets. I am afraid she is showing symptoms of anorexia. Even though she won't eat roaches we have been feeding her baby food, pedialyte, and now a medical grade reptile calorie filler, and she is eating a ton of it through syringe but that's it.

I'm just so confused I don't want her to die.. she has another vet trip tomorrow. We give her sufficient amounts of vitamins and calcium, have a great lighting and temp set up for her. All of her requirements ar more than met, but I think my baby is anorexic. Is there any chance she isn't sick and is just super picky?? Maybe stressed out because we just finally started taking her out to get direct sunlight??

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, if she was healthy the vet should never have put her on the meds. for coccidia just because the other dragon had it. That can kill the appetite very quickly, and no human would take meds. for something we don't have and neither should our pets. I really wouldn't take her back to that vet. It's good that she's eating the reptile nutritional supplement, though, is it Oxbow Critical Care ? Can you post pics of her to show her size ? ? Here's how.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/

She should start eating again on her own with time, try not to worry too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom