Traveling with my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my beardie for a couple of months now and he is still a juvenile; however, I will be going back to college in august and I will be required to come home every weekend for my job. I cannot find anyone willing to watch over my beardie when I come home on the weekends; therefore, I was wondering if it would hurt to bring my beardie home with me every weekend. I would have the exact same tank and environment for my beardie at home as the one with me at college. My beardie is already used to being at home so I did not think he would be stressed because of the environment. The drive from my house to my apartment at school is exactly an hour and a half. I know lots of people travel with their beardies but from what I have seen/heard these are mostly adult beardies. Do you think traveling to/from college to my house would be too stressful for my juvenile beardie? If so, does anyone have any suggestions of what I should do on the weekends when I have to go home for work? Anything helps! Thank you.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think it would be OK and sounds like the best option in your situation. They all react a bit differently to car rides so I'd test that out first. Maybe try some short drives around town and see how it goes. An hour and a half shouldn't be a big deal though. I routinely take my dragon on longer weekend trips. I suggest picking up a good carrier that can strap into the seatbelt. Something like this maybe https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EW2WKZU/ Otherwise you can use a soccer style duffel bag with a small blanket or towels at the bottom to provide a secure, comfortable spot during transport. I also suggest having some rags and cleaning supplies on hand in case of accidents.

Ronvrens

Hello there.
My beardie Crocs does a lot of travelling with me. She has done a few 400 mile trips and apart from a few scares now and again she sits on my shoulder or the back of the seat and enjoys the view. She has a snooze on the seat next to me under a blanket at times. I think it just takes time to get them used to the car and the noises and movement of other traffic. The last trip she was out on my shoulder most of the trip home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom