Not eating live food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steviex

Hi all, My beardie is approx 8-9 month old, over the past week or so, he has been eating 2-4 locusts per day. Usually he would eat 12-17. He is eating a full bowl of veggies everyday, he seems to be choose his veggies over live food. I have also tried crickets but he does not seem interested. His temps are fine, I use Arcadia t8 uv bulb and nothing in his viv has changed. He has a poop everyday too. Any ideas why? Thanks

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
he could be possibly shedding. he maybe tired of locust. or he is being picky.
Squishy was like that, i didn't know why he was like that then he started to shed. i was like oooooh... bearded dragons... weird little creatures :p
try dubia roaches, or super worms (as a treat)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Stevie, how big is he and what is his weight ? Can you post a full body picture vof him ? If he's a large dragon he will be slowing down on his live feeders, that's actually good for him to be eating more salad. It's possible that it's just a phase , too but if he's good sized you don't need to worry. If he loses weight, becomes lethargic, etc. you can have a reptile vet check him out .

Steviex

Original Poster
Steviex":2igkyyk0 said:
Sorry I regretted to she as a he. We bought him as a male but after the flashlightvtest we gathered she is a female! Her name is till baine! She is 16.5 inches and I am unsure of her weight I have no scales to hand. I know she's growing as there is a big difference from when we got her! And 3 weeks ago she did a full body shed!

Steviex

Original Poster
AHBD":3a9hj5de said:
Hi Stevie, how big is he and what is his weight ? Can you post a full body picture vof him ? If he's a large dragon he will be slowing down on his live feeders, that's actually good for him to be eating more salad. It's possible that it's just a phase , too but if he's good sized you don't need to worry. If he loses weight, becomes lethargic, etc. you can have a reptile vet check him out .
Sorry about my spelling, I am on my phone. She is still very active and still loves to run round the house

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She looks very healthy, could be just a tad heavier but over all looks fine. Are the locusts large ? If she's eating 2-4 large locusts a day that is a decent amount along with the veggies. If she were to actually start losing weight it would be concerning and a fecal test could be done to rule out a parasite problem. BTW, can you post a few pics of her enclosure ?

Steviex

Original Poster
AHBD":9fjqmfq4 said:
She looks very healthy, could be just a tad heavier but over all looks fine. Are the locusts large ? If she's eating 2-4 large locusts a day that is a decent amount along with the veggies. If she were to actually start losing weight it would be concerning and a fecal test could be done to rule out a parasite problem. BTW, can you post a few pics of her enclosure ?
Hi, no the locusts are 4ths so medium. Yes I thought she may need to put a bit of weight in but she's not under weight is she?
90960-1175987292.jpg
that's is her enclosure, please be aware it is an old photo as I am not in... we got rid of the sand immediately after I joined this forum and realised that it was bad. We now have half sand mat and half kitchen towel. Also I have a t8 uvb straight across the top now. Nothing else has changed it is a 4ft viv thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Is the uvb inside or outside of the tank ? I'm not familiar with the Arcadia t8, I imagine it produces less uvb than the t5 so be sure that your dragon can get within 8-10" of it.

She could be just going through a phase, hopefully she'll start eating a bit more, but if not you might get her tested for parasites to rule that out.

Steviex

Original Poster
AHBD":hpjavvti said:
Is the uvb inside or outside of the tank ? I'm not familiar with the Arcadia t8, I imagine it produces less uvb than the t5 so be sure that your dragon can get within 8-10" of it.

She could be just going through a phase, hopefully she'll start eating a bit more, but if not you might get her tested for parasites to rule that out.
Hi sorry, it is the t5, just checked the box, it is on the outside of the tank on top of the mesh and she is about 8.5inch away from it. Hopefully she is just going through a phrase, she has dark marks today, I have let her run the house and she has plenty of energy, if things don't improve over the next few days, I will take a trip to the vets thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom