BABY BEARDIE SUDDENLY SCARED OF ME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakeishaaaa

Hi, Everyone! I'm new to this board and my Dragon's name is Calcifer. I got Calcifer last week when he was 8 weeks old which makes him currently 9 weeks old. He used to be very easy to pick up and was super chill whenever I held him and stayed still and never tried to run out of my hands. But for some reason, he's been running away whenever I bring my hand close to him and will close the eye facing me so that he can "hide" per say. He's never flared his beard at me or tried to bite me or anything, but it breaks my heart to see him so afraid of me, especially when I don't think I've been doing anything wrong. He tries to run out of my hands and I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do because I don't want him to jump out and end up hurting himself. Any advice for a new bearded dragon owner?

CaramelBeet

Hatchling Member
It could be that he wasn't feeling great when you first got him (relocation stress, new home, probably a new diet and routine), and didn't have the energy to be scared. Lizards are prey animals so he will naturally be scared, but he should come around with time. Try not to chase him around the tanks or scare him too much. You can also try hand feeding him to get him used to you.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom