Clipping claws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berryr386

89883-7543143881.jpg
My beardie has super long nails even though I let her roam around on the floor quite often. It causes her to get stuck on my clothing, and I don't like to have to forcibly remove them ( carefully of course). Should I take her somewhere to be clipped, do they even do that?
89883-2951775328.jpg
89883-976045849.jpg
just look at the claws on this girl, lol.

I personally haven't cut my girl's nails yet, since she's on sealed tile, and slate...they wear down fine just from her wandering. She's a little over six months, and has been on tile for 4 of those.

From what I understand, you should only be trimming the very tip of the nail, that is clear and beyond the dark stripe in the nail. To me it sounds similar to the cutting below the "quick" of a dog or cat's nails, except to a much smaller extent.

My common bearded has dark nails, but I see a very small section of clear beyond that. I don't bother clipping, but only because she wears them down naturally, so I've never even seen hers long enough to need trimming.

This video should probably help as well. Definitely give it a peek.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnK9DhOnOpU

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
This among other sanitary issues is, why I use rough textured tile. Tile keeps their nails trimmed, easier to clean and, help prevent bacteria from growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom