Dog run as outdoor enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great, glad to help. :) You can put a large basking log in there or just make a platform out of a small wood or plastic chair or table [ it would provide shade as well ] with a piece of untreated wood as a ramp propped up against it.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Ollie2":3a6hkuo1 said:
Is anyone using a dog run as an outdoor enclosure? Like this MidWest Exercise Pen? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000H904WI/ref=twister_B00P1NKX9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

It's not so expensive and it would give my baby some space to move. But what could I put on top? I've been looking around for used rabbit pens or bird cages but I haven't found anything that I like.
Great idea but, the panels have what looks like 2"x4" squares, easy for a dragon to crawl through. Just throwing that out there!

Ollie2

Original Poster
You can put a large basking log in there or just make a platform out of a small wood or plastic chair or table [ it would provide shade as well ] with a piece of untreated wood as a ramp propped up against it.

Those are great ideas. I'll have to look around the yard to see what I can find.

Great idea but, the panels have what looks like 2"x4" squares, easy for a dragon to crawl through. Just throwing that out there!

Thanks Gormagon for pointing that out. I think that cat tent is a much better solution.

Ollie2

Original Poster
Tent and log arrived! And of course it's raining. In the 5 minutes when it stopped, I put up the tent, put the log inside and then took my beardie out. As soon as we got close to the tent she started hissing. Looks like it's going to need a little time to get her used to it. The log is a hit already though and she's on it right now.

I didn't heat the log because I figure it will be going outside a lot anyway and won't be going into her viv. I put it by her outside MVB for now.

The tent is awesome! Really easy to put up and take down. Thanks again for pointing it out. :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You're welcome. :) Maybe you could blindfold her until you put her in. :lol: Hopefully she'll get over being a fraidy cat and enjoy the luxurious new accommodations.

Ollie2

Original Poster
Yes, she likes it! The very next day after she hissed at the tent, I put it out and thought, we'll see what happens. I sat down with her in the sun and she immediately walked over to it and started climbing it all the way to the top:

92480-2343616504.jpg

The next day I put her into the tent and then we had 3 big peking ducks and several ibises come by and check out everything. She seemed to think that was pretty great for some reason.

So it's working out great for us. Thanks again for the tip!! :D

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The tent is more for her protection from predatory birds like irises and Ducks Eagles Hawks owls it is a safe space for her to be

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's great, looks like once she conquered the new territory she has claimed it as her new estate. :) Glad to hear that it's working out for her + you. Always be close at hand lest the pesky birds try to harass her.

Ollie2

Original Poster
Yes, definitely. We have a hawk here and sometimes an osprey. Plus crows and peacocks and various ducks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom