Accidently potty trained my juvinille dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we've had a bearded dragon over a week now, and I've accidently trained him to only poo in the bath..

I have been giving him a bath Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and he pooped in the bath all those times, then on Wednesday he didn't poo because I didn't bathe him, ok thrusday he did a really long poo in the bath tub, Friday we didn't bathe him and Saturday we also didn't bathe him both these days he did not poo. Then today I bathed him and he pooded..

I've only been giving him so many baths because he's precious owner malnourished him and he was dehydrated..

What do I do!!!! Or can I bathe him everyday? I don't mind doing it, but I don't know if it can harm him!??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he doesn't mind baths then they're fine. You can use it to your advantage though. Start giving baths at around the same time to get him used to going in a set window of time. Then just start putting him in an easy to clean spot for a while during the same time until he goes (within reason). It will make cleanup much easier and keep the tank nice and clean =)

beardedfred

Original Poster
I'm glad it doesn't affect them, and i can see this as an advantage haha. I will keep bathing him then, as I have an outside turtle plastic tub where I can just wash all the water way, (don't worry, water is a little warmer than Luke warm).

Awh, on the towel i would freak out but you've probably got a towel just for her, she sounds adorable!

He does try to get out of the bath for about 20 seconds, when we first put him in i think it's because of the shock of the water, but after he just walks around and poops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom