So I want to put Izzy up for sale..

Status
Not open for further replies.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
I am not sure if I should here unless there are people in the general area. I don't want to ship her and don't want to drive hundreds of miles. I live in brevard county in Florida..

There's nothing wrong with her health wise, she's really healthy, I just don't have the patience to try to feed her veggies anymore. She's fat, she's not helping, and I'm sick of it. Plus the heat lamp is making my elec bill way too high. And we just don't like each other very much.

jayce82

Juvie Member
so sorry your experience was so horrible, maybe you should think things through before doing this. it's not fair to the animal to be just tossed out cause you can't do your job

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
zye1984":2bztvs1t said:
I am not sure if I should here unless there are people in the general area. I don't want to ship her and don't want to drive hundreds of miles. I live in brevard county in Florida..

There's nothing wrong with her health wise, she's really healthy, I just don't have the patience to try to feed her veggies anymore. She's fat, she's not helping, and I'm sick of it. Plus the heat lamp is making my elec bill way too high. And we just don't like each other very much.
Sounds like my x, lol!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
zye1984":3aa1qg2s said:

Sorry to hear it. Sadly this type of thing happens way to often. If no one takes her, PLEASE do not just dump her. Find a reptile rescue or SOMEONE who knows how to properly care for her.

Just because you don't want her any more does not mean you can stop caring for her. Until you find her a home, keep trying to feed her veggies, make sure she has proper UV and heat, and keep feeding her bugs and veggies on a reg basis

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
zye1984":1tyr5v58 said:

Dragons when done right are a very loving and rewarding experience.
I would take her but I'm not that close. I'm originally from Indian river county, been gone for 35 years now.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Gormagon":1wxilbkh said:
zye1984":1wxilbkh said:

Sounds like my x, lol!

Ba dum, chhh~

Mysty

Juvie Member
I hear your reasons. Just... please be aware that there can be a constant cycle of change for some dragons. I was shocked when we bought two 12 month old dragons and we are their 4th home. Imagine if that kept going on, and on, and you get the picture.

If you absolutely must rehome, please do your best to question the buyers and see if they're ready for the commitment.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
zye1984":915ksb74 said:

I agree you should call up a rescue in your area and explain the situation and see if they can give her a good home. They will take her on then will try to give her a good home since they do have patience and resources for this.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, I'm sorry to some of you who responded, apparently you think I care nothing about her after taking care of her for years.

Getting praises from my vets on how healthy she is must mean i haven't been​ doing my job.

Being very saddened I can't get her to eat less bugs so she isn't so Inappropriate word removed by Moderator fat and be even healthier must mean I don't care for her.

Going on here to see if I can find a GOOD home for her must mean I don't care where she goes.

Having crying fits at work cuz I really don't want to give her up but my mental health can't handle the stress of not being to make her happier must mean I'm a horrible person.

Just seeing beardies at the zoo make me nearly have a breakdown must mean I don't care about the situation at all.

****. YOU.

What I REALLY want to happen is to have someone take care of her for a week or two that has more knowledge than me and see what I need to do. Everyone that I talk to about this are also surprised on how stubborn she is. Talking about it here with no physical interaction and going over the same topics over and over and nothing coming from it is not really helping. (I appreciate the effort though)

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
zye1984":k091tmet said:
Oh, I'm sorry to some of you who responded, apparently you think I care nothing about her after taking care of her for years.

Getting praises from my vets on how healthy she is must mean i haven't been​ doing my job.

Being very saddened I can't get her to eat less bugs so she isn't so goddamn fat and be even healthier must mean I don't care for her.

Going on here to see if I can find a GOOD home for her must mean I don't care where she goes.

Having crying fits at work cuz I really don't want to give her up but my mental health can't handle the stress of not being to make her happier must mean I'm a horrible person.

Just seeing beardies at the zoo make me nearly have a breakdown must mean I don't care about the situation at all.

*****. YOU.

What I REALLY want to happen is to have someone take care of her for a week or two that has more knowledge than me and see what I need to do. Everyone that I talk to about this are also surprised on how stubborn she is. Talking about it here with no physical interaction and going over the same topics over and over and nothing coming from it is not really helping. (I appreciate the effort though)

I'm sorry if anything we said came off like that. You see, we are used to seeing neglected, thrown away beardies, so its good to hear that Izzy has good care!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I too am sorry I you thought we were judging you, I don't think we were meaning it that way.
I hope you can find someone to care for her until you can get her back. When they act like that it takes a lot of time and patience to calm them.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you need to place your girl Izzy up for sale, we have a For Sale forum that you can pay a small fee to list her. I apologize for some of the remarks however, profanity is not allowed & will not be tolerated. It was not professional at all. Please refrain from further language.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":3w12s0f6 said:
I too am sorry I you thought we were judging you, I don't think we were meaning it that way.
I hope you can find someone to care for her until you can get her back. When they act like that it takes a lot of time and patience to calm them.

I'm quite sure at least one of you were.

She's been like this for a year or two. Maybe 3.

zye1984

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":3st9mfko said:
If you need to place your girl Izzy up for sale, we have a For Sale forum that you can pay a small fee to list her. I apologize for some of the remarks however, profanity is not allowed & will not be tolerated. It was not professional at all. Please refrain from further language.

I know this, but I was asking if it's even worth it since there are probably not many on here that are in my area.

As for being "professional", I could have cared less at the time. So sorry to offend anyone too sensitive to take it when my integrity was being shot at. I'll remember to Flanderize my profanity next time.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Okay, chill. We were just trying to HELP. If you don't want it, don't ask. None of us were trying to intentionally hurt you, we just wanted to make sure Izzy was still getting the best care possible! Next time (instead of cussing us out), maybe you could simply explain the situation. Getting mad doesn't help anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom