Shedding info for Newbies

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Shedding info for Newbies

Postby SHBailey » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:48 am

Agreed -- partial and asymmetrical sheds are normal, especially as the beardie gets older.

When we first got our beardie, after having had a snake for several years, our reptile vet warned us that bearded dragons are Not-Like-Snakes when they shed. Takes some getting used to. :)
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Rdhaene0518 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:27 pm

Thank you so much!
Rdhaene0518
Newbie Poster

Postby LandonPolasky » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm

I wish I would have seen this post a lot sooner. I legit accidentally pulled my bearded dragon's shed thinking it was a dead bug.
LandonPolasky
Newbie Poster

Postby SHBailey » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:42 am

Agreed that bearded dragons are Not-Like-Snakes when it comes to shedding. They can't just pull it off like a stocking the way a snake can because they have arms and legs and fingers and toes, so it's more complicated. That being said, my beardie's latest attempt at shedding is a mess... :roll:
SHBailey
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Obriennicole » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:17 pm

New mom here! Thanks for posting the helpful shedding information! Just curious is you could look at a pic and tell me if my beardie is in a current shed and how long does it typically take for a shed to be complete? His tail is alot brighter than anything else! [Click image to enlarge]
Obriennicole
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:28 am

It looks like his back and the end of his tail are getting ready to shed because of the dull/waxy coloring of the skin.That should eventually harden and break free. The amount of time that takes can vary quite a bit.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion