Rehoming 2 Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjiow

Hello, I have a beardie who is coming up to a year named Steve :) Love him, he's amazing! I have just been offered a beardie from a friend who can't care for it anymore, this beardie is possibly a girl who is also nearly a year old. If I was to rehome the second dragon in a complete seperate set up, would the dragons still be ok to be out of their tanks together at the same time? Steve likes a good run around the house when we're home! Any help is much appreciated, Thank you :)

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forum!

As an owner of 2 bearded dragons, 1 male 1 female, I would recommend not letting them out together. The way my male acts when he sees the female is concerning, like he just REALLY wants to get at her. This could result in fights or unintentional breeding. I would limit floor time to 1 dragons at a time to be safe :)

cmjiow

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply! It's a really tough one! Would love another and I know it's not having the nicest of time at it's present location :( Just don't want my beardies quality of life to go down and he does like to be out for quite a while sometimes! And escpecially as I'm trying to figure out how to build him a 2 storey house at the mo!! Will keep thinking :roll:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I got faith in you to make it work out!
It's unfortunate they're not social creatures, but as long as they each get some one on one attention time they'll be fine :) I can barely take my female out without my male going insane, so I'm already considering a little curtain to cover up so he can't see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom