how to keep Dubia outside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joef

Hatchling Member
So, I'm trying to start a dubia colony, but I'm not aloud to, so I was thinking that my parents would let me do it outside, which has a good chance (I'm almost 15 btw). But in order to do that, I need to have a proper place for them, do I need to build a small insulated shed type thing? Any ideas? and what have you guys done? I just really don't want to make my dragon sick or kill him because of anything getting into my dubia, or them getting a disease or something.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
What are the seasons like where you live and will you allowed to run power to the colony? I suspect an insulated crate with a tub and heat source on a thermostat would work.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah something well protected from elements (with good ventilation) connected to a heat source and thermostat should be OK.

joef

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Taterbug":8ymryf49 said:
What are the seasons like where you live and will you allowed to run power to the colony? I suspect an insulated crate with a tub and heat source on a thermostat would work.

I probably would need power because it get over 100 in the summer, and like -10 in the winter here, but i don't have much to spend on this so i was wondering if there's a really cheap way to do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom